Friday, April 07, 2006

Saddness.......

Vijay was home for the weekend, Mom he said "two indian students were killed in a car accident."Who, what, when, where ? my mind was reeling .He showed me the pictures of the two boys actually young men between the ages of 22 and 23. I was stunned , here was a picture of them smiling and they looked like they did not have a care in the world. Below the pictures were funeral arrangements. I just kept looking at the pictures , I could not believe they were no more. Two young lives were cut short. I do not know these students I have only seen the pictures and learned how they died, yet I feel very sad. I cant even imagine what their families are feeling. there will always be good memories to think about but they will always be reminded of their loss. Time will ease the pain but it will never be erased. Every young man whom they see will remind them of the son they lost. I know death is inevitable but I wish it had not come so soon.

I am reminded of a poem I once read....

Remembrance is a golden chain
Death tries to break, but all in vain
To have, to love and then to part
Is the greatest sorrow of ones heart.
The years may wipe out many things,
But some they wipe out never
Like memories of those happy times
When we were all together.

author unknown.

4 comments:

pophabhi 11:11 PM  

Real sad.
May their soul rest in peace.

starry 4:40 PM  

Alexis Leon &Pophabhi: I think it was really sad,they were driving a beamer at 150 mph and hit a pole.I dont know how it feels to lose a child and I hope I never have to.

Anonymous,  5:14 AM  

In the past few years we have come across families who have lost a child either in a car wreck or to cancer. Only God can comfort them and Ihave seen that in these families. One of the greatest signs of God's love is His comfort to us in times of loss, disappointment and failure. He surrounds us with His comfort in a special act of mercy and grace to soothe our grief, despair, shock and devastation. His love sustains. I have seen it in these families and that is what keeps them going. I have children and like starry nights said, I dont know how it feels to lose a child and I hope I never have to. Thats my prayer.

starry 11:24 AM  

Thank you anonymous for visiting my site.People always turn to god in times of saddness,I know its god that gives us strength at this time

Post a Comment