Tuesday, June 15, 2010


TUESDAY'S TWEET









Drill Baby Drill was the chant we all heard
There is a big mess, will the clean water be restored.
Wildlife poisoned, livelihood destroyed
All for the love of really cheap oil.

Pellicans, fish,seagulls and birds
Soiled and oiled they wash up on shore
even after a clean up, no where to go.



responsibility we must take
To see that there is no mistake
when we drill on land or sea
we think of others and just not me.


we resist Goverment regulation
we resist public transportation
Gas guzzling vehicles we all want to drive
we want cheap oil,that off shore drilling provides.
There is so much blame to pass around,
we have seen it happen, now we have to learn.

13 comments:

FH 12:17 PM  

Pretty sad to see the birds covered with oil. It's a monumental disaster which affects us for decades to come. No more frolicking freely in the ocean for kids!:(

Priya 1:37 PM  

Very well said Starry. We resist in many and it makes us to go for things which we should not.

How is your health Starry?

Jeevan 1:07 AM  

There's a nice message in your poem. people just what there thing to be done, and don't see the reflection waves that splash on other.

Dawn 3:27 PM  

Amazing way of putting things to sense dear! There is more depth when you bring out the birds covered with oil...I could feel the pain...
Kudos to you for expressing it so beautifully.
Keep up the good work.
Hope you are all good with your health and spirit my dear
God Bless You
Cheers

Dawn 3:27 PM  

Amazing way of putting things to sense dear! There is more depth when you bring out the birds covered with oil...I could feel the pain...
Kudos to you for expressing it so beautifully.
Keep up the good work.
Hope you are all good with your health and spirit my dear
God Bless You
Cheers

Neha 4:04 AM  

I know! This makes me cry.

starry 4:23 PM  

Yes asha really sad.my heart broke to see the oil slick pellican on the cover of Time.

starry 4:24 PM  

Priya..yes we do.I am doing better Priya.thanks for asking.

starry 4:24 PM  

Jeevan you are right.

starry 4:25 PM  

Thank you Dawn.yes pictures speak a thousand words.

starry 4:26 PM  

Neha..welcome to my blog and I do hope you stop by again.

Arshi 4:29 AM  

Thoughtful :)

starry 7:25 AM  

Arshi..welcome to my blog and I do hope you stop by again.thanks.

Post a Comment