Thursday, March 25, 2010

MORNING HAS BROKEN

At the break of dawn he stirs me up
Wake up, he says it  is early morn.
My eyelids are heavy, I cannot open them up
The spirit is strong, but my body says sleep on.
After an enduring few minutes, the heavy eyelids lift
I see that the morning sun has risen ,the room is well lit.

Are you up he calls
Come over and sit
by the computer , so that we can just sip.
The aroma of the coffee awakens me more
The thought of him waiting for me, takes me to the door.

Together we sit, coffee cups in hand
As he reads out aloud the news of  the land.
From the New York times, then spanning the globe to India today.
He looks at me and says, this is the best time of the day
I would not want it any other way.
I agree, silently nodding my head.
It is time well spent,even if I had to get out of bed.

I think to my self, it is well worth the less sleep.
just to sit by him and follow the news,
sometimes its a game of trivia or hangman
sometimes it is just listening to a tune.

I am just fortunate enough to spend some time with him,
before he hits the freeway ,and is gone for the day.

20 comments:

Priya 7:14 PM  

Isn't that time the sweetest even tho' short the best u know.

Margie 10:18 PM  

Oh, I so enjoyed this, Starry!
Nicely expressed!
Enjoy those special morning times together!

Margie:)

Margie 1:07 PM  

Hi Starry
I was trying to leave comment on your new blog, Stitches N Things but was not able to.

I loved the pieces you made for your nephews daughter.
So pretty!
They will look lovely on her.

I do knit but it's been a while since I've made anything.

Hope you are having a good day!

Margie :)

Anonymous,  2:00 AM  

Hi. What a beautiful poem!! loved it.
So simple and so refreshing and warm.
Please come up with more such lovely lines. :)

Id it is 10:06 AM  

The simplest of actions yet they embody such deep and lifelong commitment. It's these fleeting moments that make for those 'spots of time' that Wordsworth's poems often capture.
Beautiful starry, and whoever this coffee sharing partner...undoubtedly a special human being to have evoked this tender writing.

starry 8:27 AM  

Yes it is Priya.

starry 8:27 AM  

Margie..thank you

starry 8:28 AM  

Margie..thanks. I fixed the comment window on the stitchesnthings blog.

starry 8:28 AM  

Ajay..thank you.welcome to my blog and I do hope you stop by again.

starry 8:29 AM  

Id it is..thank you.It is my husband.

Anonymous,  9:08 AM  

Yeah, sure I will. I have found a wonderful poetess by serendipity :)
I will be waiting for your next poem and thanks for your welcome :)

White Magpie 10:46 AM  

wow wow wow I loved the simplicity...

Dawn 12:02 PM  

WOW! I have come here after a long time and I see a poet in making :)
Amazing flow of your thoughts and well stitched together :)
Keep up the good work dear
God Bless You
Cheers

starry 7:50 PM  

white magpie..thank you.

starry 7:51 PM  

Dawn..thank you

starry 11:37 AM  

Dawn..thank you

Jeevan 8:02 AM  

Good for you dear! Your poem gives life to that moments. I wish you for such moments :)

Neha 3:42 AM  

Starry....it got me all misty :)

starry 8:00 AM  

Jeevan..thank you

starry 8:00 AM  

N thank you

Post a Comment