Monday, March 27, 2006

"Doctor,Doctor"

Today I had to go to the doctor.Its a long trip there,its 8am I enter the office thinking I am the first one there,but there are three patients ahead of me.I sign in and sit down.I watch TV ,read some magazines and wait.A few more patients trickle in,I am getting impatient,I look at the secretary ,she smiles, I smile back not wanting to be rude.I look around the office and amidst the pictures on the walls and the plants, I see faces.Most of them are young with work injuries. I begin to wonder about the person behind the face.Before they were injured each person led normal lives .All of them went to work each day, looked after their families, now its different, you can see the pain and lonliness in their faces,they have to depend on someone to help them ,I am sure they dont like being in the doctors office, but yet they come, in the hope that they will get better and they can live the rest of their lives as best they can. I wait and I wait ,its 9am and its not my turn yet,I feel my
heart beating fast,I am in a lot of pain ,I want to leave but I see a patient sitting next to me who was there before me,she smiles and says" you will be called soon maybe the person ahead of you had a lot of problems."I look at her and she is calm,I begin to feel better and think about other people who are worse off than me. Behind every face is a story .

1 comments:

starry 7:36 AM  

Thank you Lydia for those kind words.I do have some down days but overall the good days cloud the bad days

Post a Comment