Wednesday, January 23, 2008

THE SAD DEMISE







It was December 2005.I was lying in bed, with a lot of pain and really frustrated because I had a back injury and there was not much I could do. I was always an active person and was always on my feet, many a time I have wished that i could just sit and do nothing. Now looking back I should not have made that wish , because here I was doing nothing and still not happy.

It was Christmas time and there were a lot of deliveries.A large box arrived but it did not interest me.I did not bother to look at it.little did I know that inside that box was my friend and companion.something that was going to make my life a little easier. "J" comes home that evening and opens one of the boxes.There was a neat little notebook computer looking up at me.I was overjoyed and knew this was the best present ever.

I would lie in bed with the laptop on my stomach and surf the net. One day I stumbled upon a blog written by Silverine,this was my first encounter with a blog.I stopped by everyday and for most part was a silent reader.One day I got the courage to register and start a blog .Thats how I got started and it is because of the laptop I received. My computer made it easier for me to get through the last two
years.since I was home and unable to do much.

Well! "J" accidentally broke my computer and I am very sad. I am unable to spend too much time sitting in front of the PC .That's why I have not visited many of my blogging Friends. I think there is another package in the mail.( I sincerely hope so).Until then my posts and visits will be sporadic.take care everyone.

33 comments:

Margie 12:22 PM  

I hope you get that package soon!
Miss you, Starry!

Margie:)

FH 12:24 PM  

Lalitha, don't worry too much, you will get another one, I am sure!:)
Take care of yourself and read some good books. I have stopped going to many blogs regularly too, visit now and then to make myself some time and enjoy my free time. Hugs to you, see you whenever you are ready.

Anonymous,  6:04 PM  

hi
This is something really a spectacular blog .. but i need to ask more of its specifications
,I like this is .. this is really fantastic , i like the way you write its really awesome .

chitra 9:51 PM  

Hi,

Let me first begin by wishing u a very happy new year.

I am sorry , I could nt visit ur blog earlier, but I have been very busy.

I am sure u would soon get a laptop and start blogging,. in the meanwhile try compiling your thoughts in a diary!! That's also fun.

love,

Chitra

chitra 9:51 PM  

Hi,

Let me first begin by wishing u a very happy new year.

I am sorry , I could nt visit ur blog earlier, but I have been very busy.

I am sure u would soon get a laptop and start blogging,. in the meanwhile try compiling your thoughts in a diary!! That's also fun.

love,

Chitra

Opal Scraps 1:27 AM  

wow! @ your laptop story. and sorry for your loss. I am still waiting for my first laptop. though i am using hubby's official lappy for the time being..
but i really really want one for mself.

Jeevan 5:41 AM  

Ho that’s really disturbing to know dear. It looked cute, hope u get the comfort in operating blogs and any other works soon. Take care and be in rest, hugsss.

starry 10:19 AM  

Margie thanks.I hope so too.

starry 10:20 AM  

Thank you Asha..I think thats what I have to do untill the packae arrives.

starry 10:20 AM  

Joomla..welcome to my blog and I do hope you stop by again.thank you.

starry 10:21 AM  

Chitra..thank you.Thats a good thought.

starry 10:22 AM  

e home maker..thank you.I cannot wait for another one.

starry 10:22 AM  

Jeevan..thank you. yes I loved my lap top and only now realize how important it was to me.

starry 10:22 AM  

Jeevan..thank you. yes I loved my lap top and only now realize how important it was to me.

Kai 7:45 PM  

awwwww. hope you get package soon as well.
hugs

hillgrandmom 7:30 AM  

I hope you've got your new laptop by now. Hope your back is improving steadily.

Priya 11:59 AM  

Starry,

Now is the time to make a better deal with J for a better package and go for it:)

Unknown 5:28 PM  

That's why always carry two laptops ;)

Dawn 6:25 PM  

I can very well understand your pain as I have been once in the same situation so I sympathaize but at the same time wish that you get the solution and get relieved.

Take care and good wishes
Cheers

tulipspeaks 9:31 PM  

I know how frustrating it can be. Thats why I got myself a new lappy :P
Hope u get one soon!


ammu.

delhidreams 10:16 PM  

oh starry! don't worry, u r good girl, so santa will bring u a gift much ahead fron schedule... u'll get a notebook pc soon so that u can visit our blogs regularly ;)
and hey, m sorry, i too have not been visiting ur blog regularly for quite some time now...
please take care
and do give us some healthy updates :)

Lisa Johnson 11:30 PM  

I've been wondering what you've been up to! Can't wait to hear all about your new computer. I hope you get it soon! : )

Abhishek Upadhyay 12:15 AM  

May your lappy rest in peace[:(]

starry 9:07 AM  

kai..thank you

starry 9:08 AM  

Hillgrandmom..thank you

starry 9:08 AM  

Priya..thanks .I finally got one and can do the tag.

starry 9:08 AM  

Tulipspeaks.i am so glad I finally got a new computer

starry 9:09 AM  

J..How are you doing.I don't think "J" will go for two lappy's.

starry 9:09 AM  

Abhishek..my old one is resting in peace.I am too sad to bury it.

starry 9:54 AM  

Dawn..Thank you

starry 9:55 AM  

Adi..thank you.You better translate your poems because I will be visiting you.

starry 9:55 AM  

Anali..I will be visiting your blog soon.thanks.

Astral 3:04 PM  

lalitha, i visited your blog after ages and this post suddenly took me back to memory lane....

hope all is fine with you now :)

Post a Comment