Wednesday, May 30, 2007


ANOTHER TAG

I have been tagged by Srijith to do this book tag. I have been really busy for the last couple of weeks and have not had time to read or visit many blogs, something I feel really sad about. I miss all my blogger friends and most of all I miss all the interesting posts and poems. Now back to the tag..


1..I have to simply take a book, turn to page 123 and reproduce the fifth paragraph .


I reach over to my nightstand and take the book "Always believe in yourself and your dreams" edited by Patricia Wayant. The book has only 63 pages so I close my eyes and open the middle of the book. There is a poem "Create your own world." by Dena Dilaconi .


The last paragraph says It is up to each of us to decide which way we want to go; how far or how fast we go in life are the choices we all must make for ourselves"


This last paragraph hit home to me because there was is much truth in that phrase. I know that everyone does not get the same opportunities in life, but it is up to each one to create the world we live in. We can either take the worst circumstance and make it better or we can just accept it and be miserable.


I have to share this second poem with you:


IT'S UP TO YOU

by Linda E Knight


This life is the only one you are given

Look for opportunities to grow
and never be discouraged.
Replace your weakness with positives.

Take life's broken pieces
and re- create your dreams.
Never measure the future by the past
let yesterday become a memory
and to-morrow a promise.


Begin each day by focusing on all that is good
And you will be in a position to handle whatever
comes along.
Take responsibility for your actions
never make excuses for not being the best
you can be.

If you should slip,
be comforted by the thought
that we all do sometimes.
Determine your to-morrow
by the choices you make today.

Do you think we create the world we live in , or does destiny play a part?


I dont know if others have done this tag but anyone who wishes to can take it up.

43 comments:

FH 1:37 PM  

Great book with a great philosophy.Of course,every Indian grew up with the notion that everything destined before for us.So why bother worry,just be happy and take life as it comes!:))

polona 2:38 PM  

meaningful and beautiful poem.

imho, some things are predestined. but where the things we have come to this world with will take us is mostly up to us...
does that make any sense?

brute 8:07 PM  

//Determine your to-morrow
by the choices you make today.//

tht line speaks volumes.. :)

chitra 1:14 AM  

difficult to decide. yes, We have been told we can change our destiny.

Yet, at times, we feel that it was pre destined.

Only consolation, we can all take is we did try , rather than to resign ourselves to the pre determined fate .

Jeevan 3:23 AM  

Don’t know who create the world, but whatever happens now let it be positive or negative we people response for it.
Those were nice thoughts for life:)

trinitystar 4:48 AM  

Full of Wisdom.

I think we can steer ourself in the directions desired ... of course hiccups arise on the way ... but ... I think it is how you handle it ... where your values are.

lovely poem. Thank you for sharing. :o)

Anonymous,  7:05 AM  

The last para' you mentioned is very true and touchy:)

Things were already created and the destiny is to reach and protect them.

starry 8:03 AM  

Asha..I have to agree with you.

starry 8:03 AM  

Polona..I think so.I think it is up to each one of us.

starry 8:04 AM  

Brute..I think it does.

starry 8:05 AM  

Chitra..Yes we are made to believe that our destiny is pre determined but I still think we have the choice of changing it.

starry 8:06 AM  

Jeevan..thank you.

starry 8:06 AM  

trinitystar..Thats how I feel.its how we deal with the problems that arise on the way.

starry 8:07 AM  

priya..so true.thanks.

jac 8:35 AM  

I don’t believe exactly, but I do believe that dreams, though a mirage, can induce hope but it can't change destiny.

Destiny, I quote you "I think our destiny is pre determined even before we are born"

welcome back ! Missed you here :)))

starry 1:39 PM  

Thanks Jac..I dont know if I believe that totally even though something inside me says it can.

AVIANA 5:17 PM  

HI!

I hope you've been doing okay? I'm cool....great post..i strongly believe that we have stronghold on our future however, to a certain degree our surroundings that we have no control over play a role too....

i have a saying..this has helped me and is still helping me to attain my dreams despite the major odds against me......"the life you have lived does not have to be the only life you will live...."

ok gotta go...bye!

Keshi 6:23 PM  

Nice one Starry.


**Do you think we create the world we live in , or does destiny play a part?


I really do feel that out lives r pre-destined. Look ard...there's proof everywhere Starry!


Keshi.

Neihal 8:42 PM  

lovely and very meaningful
:)

starry 11:19 AM  

Lisa..that was beautiful and I do agree with that saying.

starry 11:19 AM  

Keshi..I know part of our lives are pre destined but we can still make a change.

starry 11:20 AM  

Neihal..thank you

Blessed 6:43 PM  

Hey Starry!
Beautiful inspiring poem.
I should probably copy it and force myself to read it everyday.
But most of all when I read it I must believe it, I must live it!
Thank you for stopping by!
I'm alive.
Hugs!!!!!!

Kai 5:41 AM  

hey starry nights

this is really interesting!
:-]

shilpi 2:23 AM  

inspiring....

AVIANA 8:32 AM  

Hi

Stopping by to say hi!

starry 9:20 AM  

Blesed..glad you are doing well.sometimes it is hard to follow what we read, even if it is the truth and we believe it.

starry 9:21 AM  

Kai.thanks

starry 9:21 AM  

Shilpa..thanks for stopping by.thanks.

starry 9:21 AM  

Lisa..how are you doing.thanks for stopping by.

starry 9:23 AM  

Hillgrandmom..thanks for enquiring about my sister.please continue to remember her in your prayers.she starts her second chemo treatment on Tuesday.

SeePearrl 2:37 PM  

voww...really beautiful!!

inspiring!

starry 6:56 PM  

white forest thanks.

Margie 8:50 PM  

Hi Starry
No, I'm not back from my break...
I'll still be gone for some time.
I miss you!

I really enjoyed this post.
Beautiful poem from Lynda Knight.

How is your sister doing Starry?
I try to remember her and you in prayer.
Take good care.

Margie

Lotus Reads 4:12 AM  

Starry!

I have a similar meme to do...except, I have to turn to page 161!

What a beautiful book you are reading...I firmly believe that we are co-creators of our destiny...in other words, God or the Universe, will take us part of the way and show us where we have to go, after that free will kicks in and it is up to us to decide if we want to follow that path or take our own.

Many thanks for the inspirational poem too!

starry 1:22 PM  

Margie..how are you.I have missed all your wonderful poems.Thank you for remembering my sister in your prayers.

starry 1:23 PM  

Lotus reads..thank you.I do believe the same . we have to take responsibility and do our part also and not think it is our destiny.

AlterinG Abhishek 12:11 AM  

now i hv also taggedu..........
:P

soumya mukerji 10:07 PM  

Thanks for the motivation :)

Kuan Gung 11:25 PM  

Very nice starry...best wishes and warm greetings...

Princess Banter 4:18 AM  

I love your blog. I think it's awesome. And yes, that was a really good poem to post. Quite thought-provoking too :)

Shiva 10:52 AM  

Beautiful Poem and the a much needed last paragraph. Neatly done tag starry:)

Srivalli 2:53 AM  

very inspiring....thanks for sharing...

Srivalli
www.cooking4allseasons.blogspot.com

Post a Comment